How you can avoid being the victim of a potential scam:
- Deal locally with individuals you can meet in person; if possible.
- Never wire funds via Western Union, MoneyGram or another wire service.
- Fake cashiers checks and money orders are common - banks will hold you responsible for any counterfeit cashiers checks or money orders; even if discovered weeks or months later.
- We are not involved in any transaction and do not handle payments, provide escrow or buyer protection.
- Never give out personal financial information to buyers or sellers.
Who you should notify about fraud or scam attempts:
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- Federal Trade Commission
- Local Law Enforcement Officials